under the wire

Gee, thought I'd better post an entry before a whole month goes by between posts! Yes, this is a busy time of year, that's for sure :-) Since today is my day off, I plan to get some gift shopping done, begin setting out the decorations and put up the tree. Last night I baked 5 doz cookies for the public library cookie walk fundraiser....snickerdoodles this year. They turned out OK, not sweet enough for me, tho! I have been sewing and knitting as usual. I made a muslin for the coat I mentioned earlier, and have cut out the coat fabric and laid out the lining. I am using a flannel-backed satin for the lining for some added warmth, and since the fabric is an upholstery-weight woven, I am debating the need for fusible interfacing. The jury is still out on that one. I am knitting some cute cable hats, and a diagonal-rib scarf. No gift-knitting this year, and I'm glad. If Christmas gift knitting isn't done by Dec 1, then it ain't happenin'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674