Winter Scarf

I knitted this hat a few months back for my son, who wanted a "light gray hat with dark gray stripes". Then he also requested a nice, long scarf that he could wrap around his neck to keep him warm as he walks across campus. Using what was left from the hat, I made this scarf with just enough of a diagonal pattern to keep things interesting:



This pattern, the ScWiNoNa (Ravelry link) scarf on Ravelry fit the bill perfectly. Knit with Berrocco UltraAlpaca and Berrocco Blackstone Tweed, the finished size blocked to be just short of 8 feet long, which is perfect for my son's 6'5" frame :-) I was able to give it to him when he was home for Easter, and when the temperature here in Michigan was in the 70's! But I'm not worried, we've had some colder days since, and there is always next year :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants