Mother's Day part 2: Simplicity 3867

Since our Michigan weather was cold and rainy for most of the weekend, making it difficult to get out and work in my flower beds, I spent some time in my sewing studio making a new dress for myself for Mother's Day. The cheerful colors of the stylized flowers on this pretty stretch cotton sateen made me smile, and the pattern went together like a dream! I have no clue where I purchased this fabric that I found in my stash, maybe from Gorgeous Fabrics? I sure wish I would have sewn this dress up last Dec before our trip to Hawaii, it would have been perfect. Oh well :-)







I'm not sure it was even 40 degrees out yet, but Ken managed to snap a quick pic on our way to church:

I love the way this dress turned out, and it is the first piece completed on my list of garments to sew for my trip to New York City in a few weeks!


Comments

  1. Very cute dress and perfect fabric for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Definitely a must-bring for NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous! You continue to impress me with your rock star sewing skills. The pillows still look great over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last one (WU) was me (Janna) somehow I was signed in on someone else's google account.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, nevermind, I guess my google account calls me WU :) Anyway, love the dress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674