Simplicity 2896

My next project for the Summer of No Pants challenge was Simplicity 2896, a easy little sheath dress using a stretch pique cotton/Lycra. A facing sewn in one piece finished off the neckline and armholes very nicely. Cute little gathers on the front yoke took the place of any front darts. A simple lapped zipper at the center back, along with 2 narrow back darts made the back easy to fit.  I plan to wear this dress on the weekend to my niece's grad party, paired with some cute white/gold sandals (or maybe I should be looking for white GoGo boots?!! :-)  I'm loving this style for the summer, and I can see more dresses made with this pattern in my future! 





Comments

  1. Very pretty and screams its Summer and ready for all that is fun. I've had that pattern for a while, my intent was to work up the jacket, now thinking the dress as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, white go-go boots! That would be awesome! Love this dress and fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, How on earth did i miss the Summer of No Pants! Arggggg...
    The shift dress is so cute. very retro, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just have to say again how much I love this dress, the necklace is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great looking dress! I love that fabric- so perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674