Simplicity 2224 - Linen Pants

I'm wrapping up the last few pieces of summer sewing for this year, although the weather continues to flirt with 90 degrees F and heavy humidity. I've been curious about the 'slouchy' linen pants that I've been seeing everywhere this summer, so I thought I'd sew up a pair from some very soft linen (a blend, perhaps?) that I've had in my stash for awhile now. I have sewn the skirt from Simplicity 2224 before, and although I don't think it is the most flattering skirt I own, it is so comfortable! When I cut out the skirt, I went ahead and cut the pants too. I was worried that the pants might be as full as the skirt, but that wasn't true. The fullness is just enough to allow for a narrow elasticized waist, the fit is relaxed but smooth through the hip and falls from there with just the amount of  'slouchiness' that I was looking for :-) I feared looking like I was wearing my PJ  pants, but I was pleasantly surprised that I don't. It helps that there are seams running down the center fronts and backs of each leg stabilizing the drape, I think. As you can see, I left off the pockets.
I haven't sewn a pair of pants for myself in probably 15 years or more.....not sure why, but I really like to sew dresses I guess! I deem this first pair of slacks after a long hiatus a success!!







Comments

  1. 'slouchy' linen pants are just the perfect thing for warm weather. Yours look wonderful - very cool and casually chic! I might have to give this pattern a try, those pants look like just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like those, yes, casually chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey patty, they look great! Such a relaxed summer style! Nice fit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on the pants and they fit nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! I've just ordered this pattern and can't wait to make it up now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674