Knitting some fingerless mitts!

Cooler temperatures have arrived here in Michigan, and I needed a warm pair of fingerless mitts. I found this free pattern on Ravelry, and cast on, using the Kathmandu Aran yarn from the Queensland Collection and size 6 DPNs. This yarn is a plied worsted of 85% wool, 10% silk and 5% cashmere, and a bit 'rustic' in nature. So yummy, and exactly what I wanted.


The color is actually a tweedy lavender/cream, shown below with the last rose of summer:


The only modification that I made to the pattern was to add 3 more rounds to the thumb to make it a bit longer. 
I would recommend this pattern as it is easy to follow, knits up quickly and has that cool looking cable running up the top of the hand :-)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants