Rupert the Bear: a baby's playmat

I picked up this pattern a couple of years ago at a quilt shop near my home, after seeing the shop sample. The Rupert playmat is made with the quilt-as-you-go technique, using fleece as the top layer, cotton batting in the center, and quilting cotton for the backing.


                              I think the detail in the face and paws (felt appliqued with a satin stitch),
                                                              makes this so darn cute!



(baby Thomas: 10 days old!)

Cute little playmats like Rupert, and this one and this one are fun
gifts for the new baby/parents, and have been well-received by the new families.
I see more of them in my sewing future!

Comments

  1. Patty, this is adorable! What a great idea for a baby gift.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants