Initially, I considered View A, a cross-front halter top, similar to one that I liked from Nordstrom. I paid a visit to Haberman Fabrics, and purchased this lovely light blue poly georgette. In a brief moment of sanity, I decided I should muslin the bodice and thank the sewing goddesses I did....View A looked awful! But I wasn't too concerned, as I did like View C: the one shoulder....a style I had never worn. Below are pics of the bodice, which went together very nicely. This time I went straight to fabric without the muslin.
Below are bathroom shots of the dress basted together. It was here that I could clearly see that this dress needed a waist stay. Instead of the three layers called for in the skirt: lining, with two layers of georgette, I skipped the lining. All that fabric, tho, made the skirt heavy and pulled the bodice down.
The next pic is the very happy Mother of the Groom on Wedding Day! This shows the color more accurately:
This was fun to wear, lots of "swish" on the dance floor :-) And comfortable too...which is so important on a day that starts early and ends in the wee hours of the morning! And of course I need to post a picture of the very happy couple....the whole reason why I made Butterick 5987: